- Applications for support do not yollow any formal requirements. There are no forms to fill. They can be in German or English and are processed in the order of their arrival in our in-box.
- To protect against spam we can not send confirmations of receipt.
- The fulfillment of our foundation's goals are our most important decision criterion. These goals a are twofold:
- The support of interdisciplinary ccoperation and the mutual fertilization of different areas of knowledge and expertise. This includes not only academic fields, but also the arts and crafts, culture and traditonal or bequeathed knowledge and skills.
- Every year we announce a specific Area of Emphasis that is based on current events and developments. The AoE needs to be Area integral part of every project that we support for the duration of the AoE’s validity. At present the AoE is Limited Natural Resources in a social, ecological, technological, economic and/or cultural/artistic sense.
This year's AoE (valid for applications until September 2019) should be understood in a very broad manner and in its context with completely different areas of knowledge. Of interest are not only ecological issues, but all areas of human activities that touch upon the limitations of natural resources. This can involve, for example, the self-cleaning capacities of the oceans, financial infrastructures, educational facilities, the legal system, or the protection of bee colonies. Observational angles can involve the crafts, artistic expression, the "hard" sciences, engineering, the social scienes, humanities, life sciences or traditional knowledge and understanding. Of particular importance for us are the practical aspects and the implementation of results.
All projects should serve both goals. They should be interdisciplinary in character and the Area of Emphasis should be of central importance for them. Projects that do not touch upon the AoE can only be supported in exceptional cases, for example if they constitute significant contributions to the theory, methodology, practice and management of interdisciplinary work.
Of great importance for us is the practical implementation of projects. This should already be clarified in all support applications.
- Every year there are two rounds of applications during which our Board of Trustees will decide all pending applications.These usually occur in May/June and in November/December. The deadline for submission is about 10 weeks before this date. The deadline for the next round will be announced here in late July 2019.
- Please send your applicaton to: email@example.com.
- For further details please check here.
Please note that your personal data included in your application documents will stored by us so that we can process your request. They will not be transferred to any outside agencies or persons without your approval.